Are you a high school student who is interested in the world of radio broadcasting, print journalism, or multimedia communication? If so the Department of Student Media has the perfect event for you, as it presents its Annual Student Media Summer Camp. This year the summer camp will be divided into two sections. Part one of the camp will take place June 23rd through June 27th, and will focus solely on Journalism. Part two of the summer camp will take place July 7th through July 11th, and will focus solely on Radio Broadcasting. Both sessions of the camp, will begin each day at 10a.m. and last until 3p.m., Monday through Friday.
Here are some quick facts about the camp:
- The camp is open to all incoming high school freshmen through graduating seniors
- The students participating in the journalism portion of the summer camp will create their own edition of The Xavierite
- The students participating in the radio broadcasting portion of the summer camp will create an entire day’s worth of programming that will air on WXAV 88.3FM and WXAV.com
- You will learn the basics in journalism and broadcasting.
- Your original work that you create during the camp will be seen and heard by the world!
- You will have full access to The Xavierite and WXAV’s offices and equipment, while you work alongside our award winning student staff.
The cost for the camp is $150.00 per student for a single week, or $275.00 for both weeks. Space is limited. Registrations will be accepted until Saturday, June 7th or until the camp is full. For more information, look at our online brochure located here and here. You can also contact Peter Kreten, Director of Student Media at email@example.com or 773.298.3375.